Contract plans with and without bundled phones and a range of prepaid plans available at Virgin Mobile
Since Virgin Mobile is a subsidiary which is entirely owned by Optus, it provides excellent services on the network of Optus 4G.
Virgin Mobile is a telephone company which provides full service. It shows that you have different options. It offers many different contract plans wherein you only get the SIM. These kinds of contracts come on yearly or monthly terms. It also offers contract plans which come with different kinds of phones. The options range from more affordable phones. These include modern and advanced smartphone models.
Not only that, Virgin Mobile is known for offering different kinds of prepaid services. You can choose from the basic pay-as-you-go plans, Plus plans. It has an expiry of 28-days or plans which have a long expiry.
What is the cost of Virgin Mobile?
In terms of contracts, the majority of the plans Virgin Mobile offer includes a phone plus a contract plan (usually more than 24 months). Typically you would have to pay a fee aside from your contract price for most kinds of phones and the fee will depend on which phone model you select.
The price for these kinds of plans starts at about $30 a month, but it does come up to $300 call and texts. You would be able to place an unlimited number of calls to Virgin Mobile phones however for non-Virgin Mobile phones, your calls would be charged at 98 cents each minute with an additional 40 cents flagfall. The same goes for texts - unlimited use to Virgin Mobile phones. However, some networks charge 28 cents for texts. The basic plan also includes data usage for up to 500MB.
For contracts which cost more ($40, $50, $70, $100), the national calls and texts are unlimited, to all networks. You'd also be able to enjoy more data usage as per the contract tier. However, if you get a plan when there is a special promo, the offers may differ a bit.
Yearly SIM-only contract prices range from $30, $40 or $50 each month and they come with unlimited calls and texts as well 1.5 GB, 12 GB and 15 GB data usage, respectively. The monthly contracts have the same price but the data usage is 1GB, 4GB, and 8GB.
For prepaid contracts, the plans and charges are as follows:
- The 28-day expiry Plus plan
- prices range from $19 - $99
- Call credits differ from $100 to $1,800
- National calls to other networks: 90 cents a minute, 40 cent flagfall
- Texts to other networks: 25 cents
- Calls and texts to Virgin Mobile: unlimited
- The Long Expiry prepaid plans
- Credit recharge is matched to the credit of your calls, texts and data usage
- You have a choice of 180-day or 365-day expiry terms
- Calls to Virgin Mobile networks: 5 cents a minute, 40 cent flagfall
- Calls to non-Virgin Mobile networks: 78 cents a minute, 40 cent flagfall
- Texts to Virgin Mobile networks are unlimited but cost 28 cents for other networks
- Data usage: $2.05 per MB on Virgin Mobile's APN; 12 cents per MB on Optus Yes APN
May I know the extra services offered by Virgin Mobile?
Virgin Mobile's plans may be uncomplicated however some of them do offer some extra offers. There are plans which offer data-free streaming of music on apps such as Google Play Music, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Pandora.
There are various other plans that offer a certain amount you can use as international calling credits or as countless calls to a select number of countries. It also deals in providing data rollover, which means that if you have any extra data on your plan, it would be rolled over to the next period of usage.
Virgin Mobile prepaid mobile phone plans
Know about The range of prepaid SIM-only plans for the budget-centric buyer
Let’s talk about the premium services of Virgin Mobile
The prepaid services of Virgin Mobile are available on 4G and 3G Optus networks, but that would depend on how close you are to their service towers. For prepaid services, it would be reliant on you possessing the same mobile phone instead of committing to provide contract terms for devices.
What is the prepaid cost of Virgin Mobile?
There are 3 different contract tiers for Virgin Mobile prepaid plans:
- Plus plan
- A monthly prepaid option which needs to be recharged every 28 days
- Recharges cost start from $19 to $100 worth of call credits. Next, 500MB data usage goes all the way up to $99 with $1800 valued call credits and 10GB data usage
- Calls to other networks cost 90 cents a minute with 40 cents flagfall while texts cost 25 cents
- Calls and texts to other plans are unlimited
- Long Expiry Plan
- Recharges expire either after 180 days which costs $15, $19 or $29, or 365 days which costs $49, $79 or $99
- Texts to Virgin Mobile networks are available free of cost and calls cost 5 cents a minute with 40 cents flagfall
- Texts to non-Virgin Mobile networks cost 28 cents and calls cost 78 cents a minute with 40 cents flagfall
- When using the Virgin Mobile APN, data usage is charged at $2.05 per MB
- When using the Yes Internet APN, data usage is charged at 12 cents per MB
- Simple Prepaid plan
- Recharges are done every 90 days and costs are $19, $29, $49, $79 or $99
- Unlimited calls and texts to Virgin Mobile networks
- Calling and texting to non-Virgin Mobile networks cost 15 cents
- 100MB data usage is included
What are the additional offers provided by Virgin Mobile prepaid?
Typically you pay a fixed amount for prepaid plans and you can't go above that, and Virgin Mobile prepaid is no different. The extra feature provided to its customers are lower cost as well as unlimited calls and texts to Virgin Mobile networks, which would give you great value and savings.
Virgin Mobile also offers data rollover, which is quite a unique feature. This simply means that any unused data for the month is rolled over to the next month.
- A Variety of Expiry and Data Options
- Pricing structures are simple and you have the option to pick your expiry range as well as the data usage.
- Data Rollover
- Leftover data doesn't expire instead it is rolled over to the next month.
- Non-Virgin Mobile Calls are Pricey
- There are no options for unlimited standard calls to other networks for prepaid plans.
Compare Virgin Mobile contract plans
Information verified correct on May 14th, 2017
Know about the range of phone handsets and SIM-only products for smartphone users.
Do you know about the services Virgin Mobile contract plans offer?
The contract services of Virgin Mobile run on the 4G and 3G networks of the parent company, Optus. There is a wide variety of phone available, from the budget friendly ones to the more premium handsets which come with contracts for more than 24 months. Either that or you select the SIM-only option where you provide the phone and the contracts run either yearly or monthly.
What is the cost of Virgin Mobile contract plans?
The primary contract plans for Virgin Mobile mainly depends on which handset you'd like to choose for your contract term which would last for 24 months. Usually, you'd have to pay a handset repayment fee each month, depending on what kind of handset you choose.
The contract plans start at $30 each month and it includes $300 worth of credit for texts and standard national calls as well as 500MB data usage. Calling and texting to Virgin Mobile networks are free, but those to other networks will be charged - 28 cents per text and 98 cents per minute for calls with a 40 cent flagfall. There is a $10 charge for each GB of excess data usage. All plans above the basic $30 each month that comes with unlimited texts and standard national calls along with an upward sliding scale of data usage inclusions.
Virgin Mobile's 12-month SIM-only plans are available with different tiers - $30, $40 or $50. All these options include unlimited same network calling and texting, with data usage inclusions which increase as the tiers increase. These plans are inclusive of calling credit which ranges from $50 to $300, depending on the tier.
If you choose the monthly contract tier, the price ranges are the same with the 12-month the SIM only option and it includes unlimited same network calling and texting as well as an amount of international call credit. The difference is that the data usage inclusions are lower on this type of plan.
What are additional offers Virgin Mobile contract plans?
Though the Virgin Mobile's contract plan options are quite simple and easy to understand, they do have some nifty extras. Aside from being cheaper than the parent partner, Optus' plans, you'd be able to enjoy free music on apps such as Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora and Spotify on selected plans. Some higher costing plans include unlimited international calls to a select number of countries.