Competitive credit card features up to 20 months on balance transfers
, 0% on purchases, no annual fees
and platinum cardholder benefits offered by Bank of Melbourne.
All Australian citizens that live in the state of Victoria can enjoy various benefits by being a member of the Bank of Melbourne. Numerous Bank of Melbourne centers, as well as ATMs and branches, can be found in Victoria. The Bank of Melbourne works together with BankSA
and St. George in order to provide you cheaper fees and better rewards.
Similar credit card options can be found in the banks that operate together with the Bank of Melbourne. You can find various rewards given out by gathering Amplify points. Balance transfer
deals are a commodity too in the Bank of Melbourne.
The Bank of Melbourne isn’t just limiting itself to Victoria, all legal citizens of Australia can become a member by applying online or in person. This means that all of the features and rewards are available through Australia with no changes made in different regions.
Types of credit cards from Bank of Melbourne
There are various credit card options available at the Bank of Melbourne. Almost all options are targeted to a specific audience who will receive further benefits, but there are general options also. Lower fees and cards with no yearly fees are available, you can also benefit from various rewards programs. Here is a list of the available credit cards:
Low rate credit cards
Bank of Melbourne’s low rate cards has two options. These are as follows:
- A Vertigo Visa card
- A Platinum version
The difference between them is their yearly fee. The yearly fee for the platinum edition is higher as you will gain access to insurance options.
Both of these options are useful as you can make balance transfers with ease. Days that don’t include interest aren’t available, upon making a transaction interest will be paid off instantly. This option is great if you’re looking for low-interest rates.
No annual fee credit cards
If yearly fees are a problem for you, then you can choose the option that requires none. You are provided with the same options of the previous credit cards but are required to pay no fees at the end of the year. The only difference is that you will pay higher interest rates by using this option. But you will still enjoy days where no interest is paid as long as you pay for statements on a monthly basis.
Sometimes you will find certain promotions that offer you both low purchase rates and no yearly fees. With this credit card, you can enjoy the best of two worlds.
Rewards credit cards
Rewards options that bring great benefits are available at the Bank of Melbourne. Every time you spend money on Qantas Flyer program and products, you will earn Amplify points. For every Qantas point that you usually get, you can earn double the amount in Amplify points. Remember to compare all options in the rewards credit cards sections.
The benefits of banking with Bank of Melbourne
The Bank of Melbourne offers you several unique features and benefits once you’re their member. These are the most popular benefits and services:
Westpac Group ATM access
Usually, you will be forced to pay a fee when using a regular ATM. If you’re a member of the Bank of Melbourne, you can use numerous banks located all across Victoria. Since the bank has its partners, you will also be able to use ATMs from St. George and BankSA without incurring extra charges. This is convenient for you if you aren’t located in Victoria.
Online managing of account
In order to stay concurrent, the Bank of Melbourne gives you access to your account on the internet and mobile platforms. You can check your current account details, transactions and make payments in the comfort of your own home. You can also use this service if you’re not currently in Australia, which makes it convenient for travelers.
You shouldn’t just celebrate your birthday with family and friends, you can do it with your bank too. With the birthday bonus, you can earn 10% of your final points that you earned throughout the year once it’s your birthday.
As a member of the Bank of Melbourne, you should also get rewarded time to time. By spending money on the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program, you can get several Amplify points. With this, you can get a birthday bonus and even free airport lounge for every year. Platinum members even get insurance options and double the number of points they get when shopping internationally.
If you have applied and received any of the credit cards, you can get 0% rates for p.a. This goes for all members who applied before 20 September of this year. The rates are applied on balance transfers made during the application process.
Visa purchase power
With the credit card options available at the Bank of Melbourne, you can increase your purchasing power both at home and internationally. One of the most popular and powerful options that can be used across the entire world is visa.
How to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards
In order to get the credit card option that suits you the best, you are asked to compare all of the options. Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Define the interest rates? Interest rates tend to be greater than the fees for purchasing. This is a common practice at most banks, but the rates should still be acknowledged and changed according to the market.
- What is the amount of cash advance fee? There are no fees charged when you use ATMs of the Bank of Melbourne. The same goes for its affiliates as well. You’re only going to get charged once you use an ATM covered by another bank or when using VISA options in other countries.
- Define the rewards program? Reward options should be chosen wisely and only used if you spend money on the products covered by the program. If you are not willing to spend a huge amount of money on Qantas then you won’t earn as many rewards as users who do.
- What do you mean by annual fee? If you’re receiving rewards and if their value isn’t going higher than that of the yearly fee, then you should choose other options. Several different credit card options are available for you in this case.
How to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card
Making an online application is quite easy and won’t take much of your time. The application form can be filled in 20 minutes. After you submit the information you will be contacted within minutes. In order to make an online application in the first place, you are asked to submit the following documents and requirements:
- Personal information. For the application to be confirmed, you are asked to confirm your own identity. When applying for a membership in this bank, you need to provide your driver’s license number. Other documents are also required, such as your address, contact information and birth date.
- Financial information. All banks require information about the money you receive and spend. The same goes for the bank of Melbourne, make sure that you include various information. Information on how much you spend on rent and food is required. The same goes for information about assets that generate money.
- Miscellaneous accounts. After deciding to go for the balance transfer option, it is good to keep adding money on their interest repayment program. All you have to do is deliver the information about how much money you are asked to transfer along with the account number. You should also include the organization’s name that you wish to get your money from.
Before you make a decision and opt out for one of the credit card options, you should compare all of them first. The rates and options featured in the Bank of Melbourne are different from any other bank. Make sure to compare the options from some of the largest networks of banking in order to make the best choice.
If you have any questions you can check our FAQs about Credit Cards from Bank of Melbourne page.